10.15.2008

Yup, yup, Babo, yup

My mouth is still watering at the thought of that amazing dinner (scroll down). I mean, YUM, people. Dining Hall food, while good here, gets old after a while. Home-cooked food? What's that again?

(Though, as I Tweeted, I did break down and buy the delicious-looking dolmas at the expensive store yesterday. They're not the best, but WORTH IT. And bought red pepper hummus and pita chips. Happy, happy Nanny.)

So I've decided to keep the blue boots (I'd link to it, but I'm too lazy to type in the html running off of 4 hours' sleep. Scroll down again. Sorry)...and the overwhelming majority of you all supported that :-) Though, I have to confess, I may have voted twice for the "be vain, get the Uggs" option, myself. Did I just type that outloud?

I need to send them back for different sizes, but yeah, I'll admit they will keep me much warmer than Uggs will. The one good thing about the boots? They've inspired me to become a Warm Shoewear Fashion Designer who will design comfy, cozy, WARM, WATERPROOF, FASHIONABLE boots. I'll make millions! Brilliant! That's it, college--see you later! I'm packing up now!

Er...as soon as I get motivated enough to get off my lazy butt.

HEY. I'M TIRED HERE. I WAS UP LATE PLAYING THE SIMS AND WATCHING FRIENDS WITH MY ROOMMATES.

*ducks from things being thrown at me*

I know, I know. *sigh* I really need to work on my sleep patterns here. Lack o' sleep is really catching up with me. I'm usually not in bed before 1:30 or 2:30 a.m. most nights, and 3 days a week I'm up at 6:30 for class. Lately I've been trying to go to bed early (read: midnight or even before!) but what's been happening is I'll fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, and then one of my roommates will make a noise or something and I'll wake up suddenly and be up for hours, unable to go back to sleep.

Allow me to brag for a moment about how disciplined I've been about getting my homework done before 10 p.m. I'm rather proud of myself. Unfortch, the roomies are not so disciplined and they usually goof around in the evenings and end up staying up until 2 a.m. Which keeps me up, too. Which makes for a not-so-happy, very sleepy Nanny. This isn't every night, but it's often enough that I finally had to talk to them about it, and they've agreed to be better about getting their homework done before midnight or otherwise going down the hall to the study room. Yayyyy for problem solving!

P.S. All this happy homework doing is paying off. I got an A!!!!!! on my Expository Writing paper that's worth 15% of my total grade--WOOHOO!!!

P.P.S. My mom is coming to visit on Friday. Suppose I should clean up and do some laundry, eh, mumsie?

P.P.P.S. Last presidential debate tonight. Can I just say how much I LOVE being in a liberal state? I mean--WE ALL participate in making fun of *ahem* certain candidates and throwing things at the TV. What a concept! To Democrats in Texas: THERE IS AN OUTSIDE WORLD! I PROMISE!

P.P.P.P.S. 274 days until Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. 274 days, people! SO. EXCITED.

4 comments:

Minivan Mom said...

Love this post. Love your message to Democrats in Texas (I think Texans tend to be as insular and provincial as Rhode Islanders in thinking that Texas is the be all, end all) and love that you got an A on your paper!

The Nanny said...

Aww, you've made me blush. Bless my heart.

Monica H said...

I do think you need some sleep. How about some earplugs?

Yay for an A!

Have a good time with your mom this weekend :-)

The Nanny said...

Monica, I HATE earplugs. I especially can't sleep when they're in--I have a hard enough time sleeping with an eye mask on! :-) But thanks for the suggestion!