10.13.2008

Queasily happy

1) I rode in a car for the first time in almost 2 months last night. WOW. My stomach was NOT used to it! I was shocked how carsick I got so quickly. Plus, the driver was a rather scary driver...I'm not in the Big D. anymore! The upshot was that I got to eat really, really, really good food with my roommate's parents. The downside? I'll never be able to afford that restaurant ($40/person) so I won't be going back. But because I love talking about food, here's what I had for dinner last night:

~A salad with various greens, spinach, candied cranberries, thinly sliced apples, sugar-roasted/spiced pecans and little purple onions topped with the most amazing cider vinagrette

~The most delicious sourdough bread I've ever had--thick and crusty on the outside, DOUGHY on the inside. Slathered in fresh butter? Pure heaven.

~An exquisitely-arranged vegetarian antipasti plate (yes, I ordered two appetizers instead of an appetizer and an entree). Roasted eggplant puree, muhammara (which is a little sauce-type dip made from crushed walnuts and red peppers, it's very sweet and VERY good), cucumbers in a yogurt-dil sauce, okra, pickled beets, tiny mushrooms, radishes, and carrots in this amazing I-don't-know-what-it-was-but-it-was-GOOD sauce.

Ohhhh, my mouth is watering.

It topped my beloved bagel by FAR.

And then came dessert.

~A small slice of dark chocolate cake drizzled with dark chocolate sauce and covered in powdered sugar and cinnamon creme.

OH.

MY.

GOD.

Do y'all hate me now? Cause I would hate me now. But I can't not tell y'all about it. It was. SO. GOOD.

2) Squealing, happy, jump-up-and-down good news for the Weintribe--welcome Baby Girl!!!!!!!! I turned my phone up extra loud last night for any and all Twitter updates and was SO EXCITED when she finally arrived!!! I think I'll go back to the restaurant and order another piece of the chocolate cake to celebrate! (HA. As if I could afford it. But still!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The salad would've been really good with some aged cheddar cheese in it...

The Nanny said...

Ha, ha, parents.

lifeofadancer312 said...

yum.

actually i looked at the menu when i got home the other day and i was like "i bet the nanny is gonna get that for desert because it sounds amazing."

ps. be saving up your money for when i come up there because you are taking me there for a piece of that cake.

The Nanny said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Actually, as fantastic as my dessert was, my roommate's was even better. She got the hazelnut caramel ice cream, and while I don't care for either of those usually, OH. MY. GOD. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Allyson said...

Hey! I have been absent from reading blogs for a long time. Just wanted you to know I was here and have enjoyed reading all about your college adventures.

Monica H said...

mmmmm- sounds so good. Glad you enjoyed it. I've had a similar salad but it has strawberries in it and is served with a maple balsamic vinaigrette...my mouth is watering. Oh, and it's called The Monica Salad :-)

Anonymous said...

Havе you ѕeen thеse folks at checkοut with tons
of genghis grill coupοns and wished that yοu cοuld be saving huge likе thеm?
Thiѕ short article prονides the best guіԁanсe for uѕing gеnghis
grіll cοupons ρrіntаble to ensure that yοu cаn sаѵе a ton
іn yοur next purchasing trip.

Feel free to suгf to my website ... gеnghis grill 2
for 20 cοupon [extremecouponingonline.net]

Anonymous said...

Have you seen those folκs at checkout with tons
of wіngstop printable coupοns and wished whiсh you could posѕibly be saving big like them?
This аrtiсle оffers the beѕt guidanсe
for using ωingstop cοupons in order that you
can save a ton in youг ѕubѕequent
buying triρ.

Ϻy web рage ... сoupons for wingѕtop :: extremecouponingonline.net :
: