10.01.2008

One month+

I didn't post yesterday, but meant to. Yesterday marked one month that I've been here, one month that I've been away from home, from D, pupster Max and Lula, etc. It seems as if this month has simultaneously flown by and that I've been here forever, and also that this has been a long time coming.

I love it here.

Classes have sort of settled down and I do have some free time once I've completed my homework. I do like my professors and my classes (even though I'm only taking 1 that's toward my major and 3 that are just general education requirements). I love my schedule. I have so much free time on Tuesdays and Thursdays (that's when I catch up on homework, do laundry or run errands) that it's just relaxing. I love this city, too. I love the freedom it gives me, and how social it is. I was a bit put-off by all the interaction with people (on the streets, in the subway, etc.) at first, but now I love it.

Except, that is, when I'm pressed up against a guy reeking of urine and body odor, grasping a greasy pole in the subway. But we won't go into that here.

Y'all, I'm starting to have a little bit of hope that Obama might actually win this thing. I'm holding my breath, though, until after the VP debates are over, because I think they'll be more important than the actual presidential debates. If Sarah Palin does a kick-butt job (which I think she may do after all the prep they've been putting her through), it's not gonna look good for the home team. If you haven't read it, check out conservative columnist Kathleen Parker's article here. I do encourage you to read the article even if you're pro-McCain/Palin (she does diss Obama--she doesn't care for him).

On a last (and random) note, this song has been stuck in my head for the past several days. That's okay--I love it.

2 comments:

Monica H said...

I'm glad things are better for you. Who knows you may even start to like the urine smelling guy on the subway. Oh, did I go to far?

I'm rooting for Obama too.

The Nanny said...

Yeah Monica!