9.29.2008

Soggy Sweet Shrub

8:07 p.m.: staked out in the laundry room, reading, waiting to pounce on the first available washer.

8:13 p.m.: a washer finishes its load.

8:16 p.m.: owner comes to claim clothes.

8:19 p.m.: put down my book, load the washer, put in detergent, pay, and leave.

8:24 p.m.: where's my book?

8:25 p.m.: book's not in the laundry room.

8:26 p.m.: book's not in my dorm room.

8:27 p.m.: oh, no. *sprints back to washer*

8:27:23 p.m.: discover soapy wet book in the washing machine, along with all my clothes. its pages are stained by the pink post-it note I was using as a bookmark.


My book, drenched and smelling strongly of Mrs. Meyer's Baby Blossom Scented detergent


Stretched out on the windowsill, hopefully drying

4 comments:

Monica H said...

I hate when that happens. Well, I've never washed a book in the waher before, but I was reading a new book while laying in the pool and I dropped my book. All it's pages are wrinkly.

lifeofadancer312 said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

you put your book in the washer?!?!?!

The Nanny said...

Um...not on purpose! I had put it in my big laundry bag's pocket (that had a zipper) so I wouldn't forget it when I left the laundry room. Then I emptied everything into the washer. And apparently I forgot to zip the zipper.

Life ticks on said...

YIKES! Atleast you got it out before the washer ATE it all over your clothes. SO SO SO not fun!