9.18.2008

Does this college make me look fat?

You guys.

I just did something I never thought I'd do.

It was an exercise of incredible self-restraint. I'm still slightly in shock that I didn't give in.

What is it, you say?

Well. I'll tell you.

The roomies went to Ben & Jerry's and I didn't go.

THAT'S RIGHT.

I TURNED DOWN BEN & JERRY'S.

NO I AM NOT SICK.

YES I AM TOO LAZY TO TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK KEY.

There we go.

I'm not kidding, you guys. It was soooooo tempting. But seeing as I've been eating nothing but junk food (welcome to college, huh?) since I've been here, and my jeans are already feeling snug, I said no. I know. I can't believe it either.

And in another out-of-my-ordinary action, I walked up to 7-11 and bought yogurt. YOGURT. I'm going to try to start eating that now for breakfast instead of the pancakes, waffles, french toast and huge bagels the dining hall serves on a daily basis. Or the access to soft-serve and chocolate sauce 24/7.

oh lord, help me, I so do not want to weigh 500 pounds before summer...

Edited to add: They had hush puppies the size of my FIST today in the dining hall. I may or may not have had two. I'm not makin' it out of this place alive.

2 comments:

Monica H said...

And school just started! Good for you for saying no! But just for the record, I don't think I would have.

Which is why I weigh like 500 pounds- sheesh!

The Nanny said...

I know school just started. But the food here is SO GOOD. The other night for dinner I had vegetarian potato and leek soup with freshly made rosemary bread with butter. A lot of it. It's so yummy--which is a blessing and a curse!