9.03.2008

Confidence and a flying pig

It was a year ago today that I started this blog. I never in a million years would have thought that things with the R.'s would have turned so badly, or that I'd actually be here, here, so far away from everything and everyone I know. But I've made it and am better for all of it. So happy one year anniversary to my dear blog, and many, many thank yous to you readers--for being here for me, for reading...it means so much.

I'm becoming more comfortable here. I really do like it a lot. I semi-know my way around my little area surrounding my college, I've found out there's a Ben & Jerry's within walking distance (YES! YES! YES!), and the gardens nearby are lovely. Last night we went to Little Italy (I feel okay saying that because there are Little Italys in most every big city) and had dinner at a great little place. If you ever come here, I'll take you there. Try the butternut squash ravioli. Apparently it's to die for.

My dorm room is coming along. I got my last big box of stuff in yesterday, and a very nice sophomore named Nick helped me carry it up to my room. Warm clothes are here, yay! Bring on the winter!

One thing that I could definitely do without here is all the smoking. I suppose I'm spoiled, coming from a city where it's illegal in restaurants and such and I can hole up in my car with the windows up to get places. But it's everywhere here. The entire bottom floor of my dorm is permeated by the thick smoke from students outside.

This post is very disjointed. As are my thoughts these days. But I find, as my feet slap, slap, slap the pavement, they now echo My city. My city. My city.

3 comments:

Monica H said...

Happy Blogoversary! Reserve a table for us, because I'm coming to visit :-)

Sorry about the smoke- that would bother me too.

Furrow said...

How nice to have amenities within walking distance.

About the smoking, college campuses seem to be the last bastion. (That and flea markets in North Carolina). I work on a college campus, so I breathe it every day coming and going from buildings.

lifeofadancer312 said...

happy blogoversary! (is that how you spell it?)

oh and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to quiet in the house without you.