8.17.2008

So many stories all for you

I think pupster Max can, on some levels, tell I'm leaving soon. He's become my shadow recently, following closely on my heels and demanding more than the usual amout of attention. I think he can tell in some form of puppy subconscious that I am slowly, almost without my own knowledge, pulling away.

I am so sad to leave here, especially D., but I am excited to go. I've talked now extensively with both of my roommates and I like them well enough. I'll grow to like them even more once I'm up there, I think. We're working out kinks and logistics like "Who's bringing the refrigerator?", and "Who's got the TV?" It's a weird, foreign life to which I am moving, a life into which I will be plunging headfirst come August 30.

But I will leave a large part of myself here, down in the south, where people say "y'all" and 99% of my friends are conservative. I'll leave a part of myself in D., my best friend in the entire world. I'll leave a part of myself in pupster Max and sweet Lulabelle (who can now say "A bird in the hand is smarter than George Bush"). I'll bury a chunk of me in my bedroom, surrounded by so many books that I want to take but don't have the room for. And Damien? My wild stallion of a Volvo with his out-of-place liberal bumper stickers? Oh, I'll miss him, too.

And the thought of being almost 2,000 miles away from my immediate family...I am nervous, but excited. I know I'm ready.

13 days.

8 comments:

Monica H said...

What a smaart bird you have :-)

You can still say "y'all" up there- take part of the south with you.

We, in Texas, will miss you!

BTW, how did the meeting with the girls go? Have you seen them yet?

Monica H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
d said...

wow.... seing that 13 days made me tear up, even though it's less time now. it's so soon!!! i can't stand it!!!! don't leave!!!!!

ah... too much sadness


on a different note... there is a grammar mistake in this post!!! finally the science girl caught the journalism girl!!!

d said...

ps. love your new blog look!


pps. why didn't you blog about me being in thailand?!?!!? did you not miss me at all?!?!?!?!?!

The Nanny said...

Monica--things are in the process. I'll have more about that later.

D., ahh! I must admit, I was ashamed of the typo. I did find it and correct it, and major props to you for finding it! Blame it on sleep deprivation and the fact that I was too lazy to proof-riead.

And about Thailand...I didn't want to put anything that specific up on the blog that someone could track back to me/us. But did you notice that everything I blogged about pretty much (with the exception of the R.'s drama) was basically fluff? I don't have anything good to say when you're gone!

The Nanny said...

Oh no--not another typo! *proof-READ, not riead. I really should read over these before I publish them.

lifeofadancer312 said...

:(


ps. D, she never says anything about me either. And I'm her SISTER!

Minivan Mom said...

I am so excited for you. It is SO good for you to challenge yourself and experience another part of the country and meet so many LIBERALS in one place. :) You will do great. I'm very much looking forward to reading your thoughts and impressions and to see how you do in Yankee-land - it will be like a preview of how my children fair when they (hopefully) leave Texas for college and go explore the world.