8.10.2008

Impatient, impatient

I feel like I should be packing now. Packing to move away, even though I'm not leaving for another 20 days. I'm anxious to start, simultaneously nervous and excited to leave.

Right now I'm having dorky debates in my head: Two copies of "The Time Traveler's Wife" or one? Should I bring my own set of Harry Potter books? Will they laugh at me if I take my Sims 2 CD?

...

Am I insane to try to buy everything once I move up there? Everything being warm clothes (I have some, but need more), boots, bedding, storage, everything for my room...I keep a running list of small things I know I'll forget, like toenail clippers, too. I've "met" both my roommates and they both seem nice. They're slow to respond to e-mails/Facebook messages, though, which drives me crazy because I am impatient and want to know everything about them. I suggested we either have a 3-way chat or video chat over IM soon so we can really talk. That was four days ago. No response from either one of them. Have I mentioned I'm impatient, people?

...

Have I mentioned lately how much of a (to borrow someone else's word) fucktard I think John McCain is? I mean, really. His stupid commercials--FULL of lies, by the way--are ruining an otherwise amazing Olympics.

...

I need to add bobby pins to my list.

...

I have discovered that I love. LOVE. to do laundry. I don't know how long that'll last, but I'm enjoying it for the time being.

...

20 days!

4 comments:

Monica H said...

Are you home yet? Because I sent you something for your room :-)

The Nanny said...

No--I get home late Tuesday. But I'm excited!

Furrow said...

I think it's a pretty good idea to wait until you're there to buy the bulky things. It's a pain moving lots of stuff, and besides, you may need to see the layout of your room, first.

Re: the Facebook thing. I hate it when people don't respond back to my messages. If you'd like to be my "friend," send me an email and I'll tell you my real name.

The Nanny said...

Sent :-)