7.25.2008

A post of pictures

Do you guys know just HOW HARD it is to take a picture of your hair while covering up your face? Yeah. It's not easy. So...the pic of my hair isn't the best, but it gives you a general idea of the cut without showing my face. It's kinda creepy, I know, but WHO CARES.

My new 'do:


(In case you're wondering, the colorful beaded bracelet I wear is a cancer awareness bracelet in honor of my cousin.)

Also, my camera was misbehaving and not focusing correctly. So I did what I could to take pictures of my new ring (the new one is the bottom ring--I wear a stack of three. The top is a small diamond band that I got for my high school graduation, the middle is my Paloma (peace) ring, which D. also has, and the bottom ring is the one made from the leftover bracelet diamonds.



Annnnnnd the bracelet (which is even blurrier, I'm afraid):



So there you have it! Haircut, ring and bracelet. My job with Boy and Girl was cancelled this afternoon so I don't have anything much to do. Love that! Lula is sitting in her cage beside me very happy because I gave her a piece of spinach. Pupster Max is snoring on the floor. I've got a new book to read and I couldn't be happier! (OH, plus D. is coming over later. We've recently discovered online Bingo and are hooked. It's an addiction, we know.)

12 comments:

lifeofadancer312 said...

"you can't even tell that you got a haircut!!"

"dad! you're not supposed to say that!"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

anyway, cute pictures! i did notice (and it kinda bothers me) that you wear ALL of your jewelry on one side. don't you feel unbalanced?

ps. i want to play hand and foot with you and D. later... will she still be there?

pithydithy said...

Very cute haircut!!!! But now I wanna see your face too.....

monica h said...

Cute hair! I thought your hair was blond ???

Maybe if you took a picture of the ring and bracelet together on a table (without wearing them) the camera will have something to focus on. I noticed the camera was focusing on the background...bummer

The Nanny said...

Sorry, Pithy, I'm still too petrified that the R's will find my blog and sue me or something so I'm not showing my face. :-)

Monica, I'm not blonde but my hair IS lighter than it appears in that picture. I have a lot of natural highlights that are VERY blonde. And I'll try about the bracelet & ring pic.

Juicebox Mom said...

Great haircut, nanny. I'm jealous, i've never had even a good one yet :-)

Allyson said...

Another thing we have in common...haircuts. I hate em too and I've never had one I like.

But yours looks very cute. The problem I am having is that with your hands on your face you look just like me niece and I have a hard time picturing your face instead of hers because I haven't seen your grown up face.

Minivan Mom said...

Cute haircut! And I love the cancer bracelet. :)

The Nanny said...

Allyson, if you'll e-mail me or post your e-mail here I'll send you a "grown up" pic of my sis and me :-)

And thank you for all the comments!

niobe said...

I love the hands over face picture. In fact, I'd love to see a whole series of them from different people.

(oh, and the haircut is great too)

Monica H said...

I want to see a grown up picture of you and your dancin' sister. You have my email! You should make a mask and glue it to a popsicle stick- that would be fun! and easier than holding your hands over your face.

Allyson said...

allydawn@gmail.com

Furrow said...

cute, cute, cute!