7.13.2008

I've still got it!

Last night I babysat for a new family. (They loved me. The kids clung to me as I left. I know, I'm fabulous, I really am.) They have two little girls, Stella and Ivy. We built a fairy house in the backyard and dressed up the dog. Both girls played fabulously--for a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old, that's saying something. As they ate their dinner, I commented on how well they shared with each other.

"I know!" Stella said. "We're good for you but never for our mom."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because we're polite," she answered.

Works for me.

6 comments:

Monica H said...

that's too funny. kids never cease to amaze me.

aaron told my mom the other day:

"mom, your hair is looking a little dull lately. you should wash, rinse and repeat."

kids!

The Nanny said...

LOL!

Monica said...

They are too funny! And whoever said you lost it?

Kymberli said...

That's hilarious! Kids crack me up with the things they say!

Furrow said...

I honestly laughed out loud at that story. And it's so true. Zo is already sweeter with other people, and she's not even old enough to sass.

The Nanny said...

Furrow--need a nanny? ;-)