5.06.2008

TV takeover

So Carly Grace is doing fabulously. The name fits her very well, but the only thing is you have to say it with a full-on southern twang. That's right, say it outloud with me now..."Carrr-lee Grayyce." Wasn't that fun?

Despite only watching 3 TV shows a week, they certainly dominate my evenings. Either I'm flying home from nannying so I can see them or praying, praying, praying that my VCR actually is recording them like I told it to (I'm one of the 4 people left on earth who doesn't have TiVo. Or cable).

House is on Mondays. Last night's was a little odd...any House fans out there? Next week's looks downright bizarre. While I like #13, I do miss the old team. Especially Chase's accent.

American Idol takes over Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I'm still mad that Carly left two weeks ago. Wayyyyy to early, in my opinion. And I'm sad Brooke went last week, but that's only cause she's a nanny and I'm a nanny and there's a big nanny bias goin' on right there. This week I'd like to see Jason Castro go, but I think it'll be Syesha for an all-male top 3. David Cook should win but I think Archuleta's got a bigger voting fan base. Anyone? Thoughts?

And THE OFFICE is on Thursday! I. love. the. Office. Though I must admit, I was a bit sad to see the meaner side of Stanley last week. One of my favorite episodes is "Take Your Daughter to Work Day" for the sole reason that Stanley yells at Ryan...but that's funny yelling. Last week Stanley was just mean. Poopoo to you, Stan.

I've gotta say...the writers' strike was a bit of a relief. I wasn't a slave to my TV when it was going on. Now, I know I've got to watch the episodes THAT NIGHT or inevitably something will be spoiled for me the next day. Especially on AI.

As you can probably tell from the rambling, no-point nonsense of this post, I'm at work and procrastinating.

I spent 15 minutes on the phone this morning with the stupid phone company trying to pay 2 phone bills. I had to talk to 2 different people and 3 robots. It was fun. But the scary thing? The robots were smarter than the people.

7 comments:

Allyson said...

I agree with everything about American Idol, except the Carly thing. I was way beyond ready to see her go. Jason Castro is really getting on my nerves but I think all the little girls that voted for Sanjaya last year are voting for Jason this year. I really want David C. to win but I think you are right about David A.

I was also very disappointed in Stanley.

Monica H said...

I am a total TV junkie and DVR something everyday- I'm addicted! But I don't watch the same shows as you. I occasionally catch House reruns, but that's it.

And yes, robots are generally smarter than humans, especially the ones that work at credit card companies.

The Nanny said...

Allyson...after seeing AI tomorrow night, I've gotta agree with Simon when he told Jason to pack his bags. I love the chill kind of music he used to play but he past 3-4 weeks have just been not good. Tonight was his worst night, though, I think. So maybe not an all-male top 3! I am really surprised Syesha made it this far, though!

Monica--what shows do you watch? I'm curious!

The Nanny said...

Oops, I meant after seeing AI *tonight*. That's what I get for blogging at 1:45 a.m.

Minivan Mom said...

In the top 4 and forgets his lyrics? No excuse for that. Jason needs to GO.

I have been so disappointed with the post-strike Office (as has several of my fellow Office fans that I've spoken to). Just uncomfortable and not nearly as endearing and goofy. On the other hand, Grey's has made a major rebound after sucking it up pre-strike, and last week's episode was the best I have seen in a long time.

The Nanny said...

Thank goodness Jason is gone now. In an interview either this past Sunday or Monday in The Dallas Morning News, Jason actually said he wanted to go home. Plus, it deeeefinitely seemed like he was high both last night and tonight. So even though I used to like him, I'm about done with Jason. And though never in my wildest dreams did I imagine Syesha would a) be the last girl standing and b) be in the top 3, I'm so very glad it's her and not Jason.

I also agree about The Office. The only episode I've liked was Dinner Party, and even that was corny & cheesy. Hopefully things'll right themselves for next season. I don't watch Grey's, but I've heard that last week's episode was amazing.

Monica H said...

I watch Grey's and alst weeks was good- but this week was better!