4.09.2008

New shoes make me happy

Thank you all for your sweet comments. I've just been in a weird funk lately, off and on. At some points I'm ridiculously happy and at others...not so much. For example, about 10 minutes ago I was thisclose to bawling after a particularly sad episode of Scrubs (D., don't roll your eyes at me). Before y'all get all worried about me, I think a lot of it is just anxiety about tomorrow. I hate flying. I'm terrified of it. Especially since the plane I'm scheduled to be on is an MD-80 which, if you don't know, is the one with the technical problems that A.A.'s been canceling a bajillion of. I spent over 2 hours on hold last night with A.A. trying to talk to a rep about switching planes (cause I HAVE to get to Dream School tomorrow), but she assured me that things would be fine and dandy by then. I'm flying by myself, which I've done many times before, but still don't like.

I think another big part of it is dear Aunt Flo (sorry, guys), and another big part of it is knowing that I'm going to have to make some really big decisions in the next week or two about whatever's going to be happening next year (and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that...you get where I'm going with this). I'm kind of counting on this weekend to help push me in some direction--whether it's persevere and spend the money and go to Dream School, or find another option. But anyway. I'm rambling and I've got several loads of laundry to do & then packing. Pupster Max is snoring beside me and is so cute I can't resist taking a picture of him. Here it is. Isn't he just ridiculously cute?



Update: Yeah, I'm thinkin' Auntie Flo has some splainin' to do. A picture frame fell on my toe this afternoon, and even though it didn't hurt all that badly, I started crying and couldn't stop. Luckily, now that the tears are out, I am feeling better :-)

Yet another update: My flight did end up being canceled. I'm on another later flight--I snagged the LAST seat possible going to Dream School city!!!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

Good luck on your flight tomorrow. Have fun at Dream School.

Monica H said...

Have a good flight and stop stressing about the decisions you have to make. Take each day one at a time and if that's still overwhelming- try one hour at a time. Good luck tomorrow and this weekend. I hope it's all you expect it to be and then some.