4.25.2008

Flashback Friday and a meme

I feel like I'm posting a TON lately. I guess that makes up for having no internet for 5 days at Dream School!

This week's Flashback Friday is a two-parter. I couldn't decide between two different pictures. I could have waited to use one for next week, but let's face it, there are too darn many cute pictures of me that I have an infinite supply. Y'all are going to have Flashback Friday nightmares for years.

This first one I love. It's taken in my old kitchen. We moved when I was 12 but I remember every detail of that kitchen--I LOVED it. I also vividly remember the little plastic table I'm sitting at. I'm with our former next-door neighbors, and my practically best friends growing up, Sam and Lauren. I'm the youngest-looking one in the blue dress, probably trying to think of a way to annoy poor Sam next.



P.S. I do believe those are "Little Mermaid" jellies on my feet. I LOVED those shoes.

The next one...well, let's just say I should have taken it as a warning years ago. I'm on the left, and my little sister is on the right, standing on top of and inside the our dollhouse (notice a trend of how we like to abuse our toys?). As you can see, little sis is standing taller than I am in the picture. Well...little sister also passed me in height (without the aid of stepstools or dollhouses) a lo-o-o-ong time ago. It's really not fair.



I do, however, really like my pink slippers. I have no recollection of those whatsoever, which makes me sad, but I secretly delight in knowing that I've always had an affection for poufy, comfortable footwear.

Annnnd now it's time for the long-overdue meme. Sorry it's taken forever, Carole!

The rules:
1. Link to the tagger and post these rules on your blog.
B. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some weird, some random.
III. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Lastly, let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. I seem to enjoy having multiple pets with the same name. I already told you I've had two fish named Henry, but I've also had a hamster and a gerbil, both named Sweetie.

2. I eat one of these every single night (that they're in the house. I actually need to go buy some because we've been out for almost a week. It's a tragedy, really).

3. I'm NOT a dog person. I love my dog, and I love D's dogs. After that, it takes me quite a while to warm up to other dogs. I prefer cats (I know, I know. Hush).

4. If I ever get lung cancer, it'll be because of my beloved car, Damien. He has a leak or problem that no mechanic so far has been able to fix that causes the horrible smell of gasoline to come out of the air conditioning vents, especially when I'm stopped at a light or stop sign. It's become a habit for me to turn my air conditioning off right before I stop so I don't end up reeking of gasoline. He also smells when I accelerate.

5. I used to hate scary movies. I refused to watch them. Then I went through a period of loving them, especially this genius of a film: The Evil Dead. Now I hate them again. I haven't watched one in quite a while. Something to do with paranoia.

6. One of my favorite meals is a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich (on wheat) with dil pickle chips on top. Don't knock it til you try it--it's sooooo good. (D. will swear that my being a vegetarian has ruined my taste buds.)

7. When telemarketers would call, I used to answer the phone in French and pretend like I spoke no English. That way, I thought, they'd leave me alone. Well, one day I actually got a telemarketer who spoke French far better than I. All I got out of the conversation was that he was excited to finally meet someone who spoke French in the U.S. Oops.

Uhhhh...here comes the hardest part. I swear, it feels like I'm back in high school again. And I'm wayyyyy to lazy to link to all these people since I have to manually type in the html code, but I swear I will leave comments on their respective blogs.

I tag:
Sidera
Zanzi
My sister
Tru
(those 4 in an attempt to get them to BLOG again!)
annnd uhhhh...I don't know. Whoever else wants to participate. I know, I fail at this type of thing.

6 comments:

lifeofadancer312 said...

awwwww those pics are cuuuute :)

and yes, everyone, i am about two feet taller than the nanny! (well... maybe not two feet...)

and once i finally get to blogging again, i'll do the tag thing! keep reminding me!

Monica H said...

you're so cute! and what do you mean you're not a dog person? that's crazy talk :P

Allyson said...

Cute pictures. I also remember, and loved your kitchen. I thought it was so awesome in black, white and red.

I used to have a thing for fish and I always named them Fred.

I think you get the car naming thing from your dad if I remember correctly.

I also can't watch scary movies. Or commercials of scary movies. I am still scared of your dream.

I put chips on all my sandwiches, I will have to give that one a try. Thanks for the advice.

The Nanny said...

Allyson--Yeah, I did get the car naming thing from my dad. He still has Sven the yellow Volvo, if you can remember that car!

P.S. I love chips on my sandwiches. I only eat PB&J sandwiches since I'm so picky, but I love to have that crunch with the sandwich. I also use original (non-cheese) goldfish or bagel chips. I just have to have the crunch!

Allyson said...

SVEN! I couldn't remember the volvo's name, but I did remember Rosco.

Allyson said...

BTW, totally get the crunch thing, no need to explain to me.