3.04.2008

It's a real live post!

Okay, okay. So since this is actually a nanny blog, I suppose we should get some nanny stuff in, eh? But first...



Hm. I don't mind what they're saying...but really, honestly, at 10:02 a.m. I'd rather be asleep snoring under my covers. I thought I would be more of an 11:30 a.m. type of person, but hey, what do I know?

I went to the doctor today with wrist pain in my left arm. Turns out I'm straining it really badly with all the computer blogging and nonsense I do. (Bad blog! Bad!) SO, in order to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome, I get to wear this little ditty 24/7 for the next two weeks:



I've had it on for all of 2 hours and I'm already wayyyyyyyy over it.

So. Nanny stuff!

I'm really enjoying my schedule these days. Administrative assistant stuff in the mornings, babysitting in the afternoon/evenings. Today I'm taking Natty to the barn, as usual, but on Mondays and Fridays I have a new job. I think I mentioned it (briefly) before. It's a 13-year-old girl and 10-year-old boy. I pick 'em up from school and take them home and make sure they do their homeowrk. The girl more or less takes care of herself, but OH boy. The boy.

He's a sweet little guy...but he talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks. and talks.

Seriously. I try to comment on what he's saying--or even just squeak to let him know I'm still there--but he just keeps going and going! I think I know his entire life's story, plus his sister's, his mother's, his father's, his dog's, and his great-uncle Stevie's.

Oy vey.

It is fun, though, and doesn't require much on my part except to listen to him talk and pull them apart when they (inevitably) start fighting. And the boy is really, really good at origami--I'm not kidding! He's amazing with it and has started to teach me a few things. So far I've learned how to do a frog's tongue and a spider web, and right now we're working on music notes. I'll try to get pictures up here soon.

Anyway, I'm off to finish working and then getting Natty. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Preemie Twins' Nanny said...

Yeah, carpal tunnel stinks. Mine only bothers me when I sleep but is always worse on weeknights after a full day of carrying two babies. I sleep in a brace much like yours and keep it elevated. I can't stop carrying babies so I have to deal with the consequences!

The Nanny said...

Carrying around little ones did sometimes have painful consequences--I'll never forget when A. was about 8 months old. She was a chunk, probably 25 lbs at 8 months. I'm not kidding! Anyway, she was sick one day and I could only get her to sleep by pacing around the house with her in my arms. For two solid hours. My back and arms were killing me the next day! But all my kids are older right now...I don't have any babies :-( I sure do miss the little ones!

lifeofadancer312 said...

Hey I got 10:02 too!

Great minds... huh?

Monica H said...

I am supposedly 6:49am! Wha? I don't think so...

Preemie Twins' Nanny said...

Yeah, they do get older, but then you get all of the fun that comes with each age and developmental milestone. I'm in the two years per family place, thus the preemie twins' speciality. I do love two and three year olds though!