2.18.2008

Click and drag what?

So I'm currently taking a 3-day conference that will help me to learn the ins and outs of InDesign (I already know it pretty well) and a new program (I don't think I'm not allowed to say the name). My dad actually works for the company and is giving the seminar so it's been interesting seeing him all professor-y. But after 6 hours staring at the computer screen?

Yawwwwwwn.
*head crashes down onto computer keys*
Snorrrrt.

Yeah. I mean, some parts were cool, but a lot of it went whooo! straight over my head. But if I catch onto this thing, I can work from up north where I'm going to college on my own hours for some additional income. So that's definitely a plus.

PLUS... (like the segue?) I have another new nanny job!!! It's for a former coach of mine. I'll be watching his kids on Mondays and Fridays for a few hours after school, and I'll work for Natty and her family on Tues., Weds., or Thurs. (they really only need me 1 day/week). Even with my administrative assistant job I'm not earning NEAR as much as I was for the R.'s, so any additional income is very, very welcome! :-)

--------------------------------------

All right, and since I know y'all were on the edge of your seat about this, I finally figured out why I don't have any text/text size/color/linking buttons on my compose-a-post page on Blogger (my sis had the same problem). We were both using Safari for our internet, but she switched over to Firefox, and voila!, instant buttons. So it must just be Safari that's the problem. Oh well, I don't mind typing in html code the long way. It makes me feel all cool.

And dorky.

But I don't care.

--------------------------------------

My sweet baby E. turned 4 today. I've been thinking about that a lot. I can't believe she's 4. I miss the girls desperately.

--------------------------------------

Can y'all blog-gurus tell me about bloglines? Do I really have to type in all the blogs I visit and stuff? Is there an easier way to find out when people have updated?

--------------------------------------

Anyway, that's about all I have tonight. Mayyyyybe tomorrow's conference will bring something new and exciting.

But I'm not getting my hopes up. It is, after all, six hours of InDesign. No internet access. The world is cruel.

2 comments:

lifeofadancer312 said...

woohooo! you linked to me!

you really should download firefox because it really does make things easier!

have fun at your little conference today!

sassyshell said...

Bloglines is awesome. Just open one window to go to all your bookmarked sites, go through them one by one and copy and paste their addresses over into bloglines. Very very useful.