1.16.2008

The thing that started it all

I named my blog after the book The Nanny Diaries. I'd read it and enjoyed it, and commiserated a bit with its protagonist.

I saw the movie tonight.

Good lord.

The movie itself may not be great, but wow--you guys...that was my life. Laura Linney's character...that's how Mrs. R. was. It was spooky, the resemblance. Except there's no happy ending in it for me. I mean, the R.'s aren't filthy rich and Mrs. R. does work, but their personalities are identical. It brought back lots of anger and weird emotions just remembering all the sh*t that happened with them. People telling me I just needed to quit, to get myself out of that situation, and yet I just couldn't. I couldn't leave the girls. I ultimately did, and you guys know how hard that was.

It's 1:35 a.m. and I'm angry and sad all over again.

I have yet to see the girls. I e-mailed Mr. & Mrs. R. several days ago asking to see them this week. No reply.

I miss them.

Enough of this pity party for tonight. I'm going to bed.

6 comments:

Monica H said...

Aw, I'm sorry! I have been wanting to see this movie, and now I'll have to so I can see how Mrs. R really is.

This is how I feel about Family Man with Nicholas Cage. Except I feel that NC is Mr. H. Have you seen this movie? I cry every time! Also, I just saw P.S. I Love You. I highly recommend it if you like love stories. This movie also reminded me of my life- sad really.

The Nanny said...

I have seen Family Man! It was years ago so I'll have to re-watch. And I am interested in P.S. I Love You. I'll check it out and let you know how I liked it!

Tracey R. said...

Family Man is one of my all time favorite movies. Love love love Tea Leoni's character in that movie.

I read the book, but never saw the movie The Nanny Diaries. I heard it really wasn't as good as the book, and I'm not a big Scarlett Johansson fan (she did play the nanny, right?) so I was never motivated to see it. Although now I might to see what you dealt with!

The Nanny said...

Scarlett Johansson did play the nanny, and it wasn't as good as the book. But it did REALLY hit home!

Life ticks on said...

Nanny~

Funny how we just watched this movie last night (thanks to blockbuster online!) and I have to say I can see how you would mean about it being similar but I think that those of us who have lived the life recognize it for that. We have lived the life.

I remember when I left my nanny job (the live in one) and it was extremely hard and I went through some stuff because of it but I knew it was time and had to go. I wish I could have been as vocal to a nannycam as she was!

stellatus sidera said...

baaaaaaaaah i want to see thaaaat.
1. chris evans. um. HI. he's hot.
2. it looks cute.
3. did i mention chris evans?

the end.
i'm sorry love.
:(

i still love you.