1.12.2008

News! News! News!



A gold star for me--cause I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!

I start Tuesday and I'm SO excited! They want me full time, but since I'm already working part-time in the morning, I said no. So instead I'll just be doing an after school type of thing, mostly chauffeuring their kids around to various activities!

It's a really sweet family. FOUR (count 'em, FOUR) girls, ranging in ages from 5 to 12. The dad works but the mom is a stay at home mom--she just needs help with all 4 girls having different activities during the week. The parents couldn't be sweeter and the girls are adorable! So it'll be like I'll have 2 girls and she'll have 2 girls, just running around from place to place. It's only about 4-5 hours a day, 3 or so days a week. VERY minimal. But they pay really well and are chipping in for gas, so it works! A little money goes a long way, esp. with my administrative assistant job!

Can you guys tell I'm thrilled? This is perfect for me. I really can't wait to start!

Weights lifted off my shoulders:
* finding a new job (!!!)
* a major scholarship application was due yesterday, and it's in and FINISHED!
* I've started writing a letter to the R.'s (I'll share it with y'all before I give it to them, don't worry!)
* I'm really excited about this job!

I'm happy happy happy! Once I see A. and E., give the R.'s their letter and be done with that, all will be well. I'll keep you guys posted--and thanks, as always, for your incredible support!

P.S. Once I've given the R.'s their letter, I'm making this blog un-private. Woohoo!

7 comments:

sassyshell said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Very, very happy for you :) Sounds like a great arrangement. Go out and celebrate!

Monica H said...

Looks like things are falling in their appropriate places for you!

Congrats on the new job! I hope that this family appreciates you and realizes what a wonderful nanny you are.

I'm looking forward to "the letter"!

lifeofadancer312 said...

YAY!!!!! congrats sis!

...does this mean they will never ask me to babysit them again??

Angelle said...

I'm so glad you are excited about this new job. I can't wait to hear about your chauffeuring adventures. Good luck with the letter and look forward to reading it.

Tracey R. said...

Sounds perfect for you! Congrats!

Now send some of that good job karma my way.

whispered & meant said...

YAY! i'm so happy for my hallsters!

Monica said...

So happy for you!! I hope you enjoy the job and get the scholarship to boot. Who wouldn't throw money at you?