12.03.2007

Look! A title! (It's gonna be a picturelicious post)

Check it out! I added titles to my blog! It just gets more exciting by the day, doesn't it???

This'll be a quickie, but I'm still expecting loads of comments. Just to let you know.

First, a pic of Maxster from last night, all cuddled up next to me (can I hear a collective "awwwww" from the crowd, please?):



Annnnnd now, a little something from E.'s and my afternoon. We read a book today about a dinosaur and a mouse, and then decided to draw them.

First, E.'s dinosaur. I drew the outline (HUSH. I'm not an art major or anything) and helped her draw the two big polka dots. She scribbled the others and declared she was finished. I asked if she wanted to add eyes or a mouth, but she said no. Then I asked what the dinosaur's name was: Dinosaur Dinosaur.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:
Dinosaur Dinosaur



(hold your applause until the end, please)

And finally, my masterpiece. I drew a picture of a mouse. And put overalls on him. And for some unexplicable reason, added a paintbrush in his hand.

You may applaud wildly now for:
Robert the Mouse



*bows modestly*

Thank you all, and to all, a good night.

8 comments:

the nanny's sister said...

awww that's just my little maxipoo! he is so cute in that picture!!

oh and nice drawings... however, not as good as chuck and doris i think?

Monica H said...

BTW, I don't remember you ever mentioning your sister.

And if you turn the dinosaur to the side, it kinda looks like an elephant.

The Nanny said...

Monica--tattletale! ;-)

And you're right, it does! And if you turn it sideways it also looks like the two big polka dots are eyes and E.'s little scribble is a mouth and the poor creature has a really long, oddly-shapped chin.

Wow. I can draw so many things. I really AM amazing! :-)

stellatus sidera said...

ahahahahahahahahahahahhaahha
*continues to laugh hysterically*
*ahem*
i mean.

brilliant pieces of art.

I DIDN'T GET TO SEE YOU TODAY, WOMAN.

BOO.

Monica said...

Dinosaur dinosaur. What a great name.

Cute mouse. I like that the tail sticks out of the overalls. Nice touch.

The Nanny said...

I actually originally hadn't put a tail in. E. reminded me that "mousies have tay-els" so I had to put it in! :-)

Furrow said...

Fabulous mouse. Very nice Flintsone-y dinsaur. And SUCH a cute little Maxster.

Geni said...

*Applause*
My favorite would have to be the mouse in overalls.
Geni