12.15.2007

It's a secret, part deux

Hi guys. So...I'm private. I don't like it, but hey, it's safer this way. And it's only temporary (until mid-January or so). Anyway, please continue to visit the blog & invite your friends to (they can e-mail me for an invite).

Sooooo.

The big news.

I'm officially a quitter.

That's it, I'm going to quit.

It'll happen the first week in January (I'm staying long enough to get a letter of recommendation and my Christmas bonus. Evil? Yeah, but they owe it to me) and I just made the decision a few days ago. I haven't posted a lot of stuff about my job cause I've been afraid they'd find me, but honestly, if not for the girls, I would have quit for a long time ago. But after the past week or so, it's just been enough's enough, and I can't take it any longer.

I hate this.

I'm devastated.

I'll miss the girls so badly, but I can't take any more of Mr. and Mrs. R.'s abuse. But I'm not going to say anything more about that cause this is a happy blog! :-)

I'm going to try to find another nanny job right away. I'd love to have a little baby now, since I haven't had a little one in a while. I'll see what I can find! (Anybody need a nanny? I'll move!) But if I can't find anything since it's mid-way through the school year, I'll probably turn to Starbucks. I can see this blog in a few months: The Online Starbucks Employee. Wheeeee!

(FYI: I'll go public again after I've finished my two weeks' notice. My last day will be Jan. 18.)

Anyway, I'm closing up for now. I'm going to watch a movie and head to bed.

P.S. Now that I'm private & have LOTS fewer readers, y'all are going to have to make up for the lack of comments. So comment away :-)

17 comments:

Andi said...

Thanks for the invite!

stellatus sidera said...

aw man i was gonna be the first private comment.
i can't believe you're quitting.
is it bad that i would like detailed stories about this abuse?
because i would. you'll have to tell me about it sometime.
i'm so done studying for exams today.
i have no more oomph left.

but i'm proud of you for quitting.

let me know how that goes.

we need to get together over this break!!! i miss my hallie!

The Nanny said...

Sidera--I'll tell you some things. Other things, I don't want to rehash. It just wasn't something I should have been putting up with for so long. :-(

nodnarB! said...

Crap!!! Thanks for the invite Nanny. I realized I never replied to the "My Best B.S." request for spewing crap request. I will make it up to ya!! Glad to be a part of the blog. Happy Hollidays!

Angelle said...

Thanks for the invite. I hope you find another job right away.

Geni said...

Thanks for the invite! It sounds like you are doing the right thing, but I agree it probably will be hard to leave the girls behind. I hope you can find a really great job soon!
Geni

Tracey R. said...

What?!? Nodnarb and I are both on the same private invite only post.

We are so wicked cool.

And I want to know what school in Boston you are going to! I guarantee you I know a lot about it - as a school counselor in RI for years, I had kids go to pretty much all of them every year.

The Nanny said...

Tracey--I'll e-mail it to you. And I basically invited anyone I had e-mail addresses for (you've commented/e-mailed me in the past). I hate limiting the blog to only select readers but I just don't want Mr. & Mrs. R. finding the blog!

Life ticks on said...

So I want you to know... I have been in your shoes. It will work out. It always does. When I was a nanny I took a lot of crap too. I finally quit when they said I couldnt have any friends over (except of course the guy I met through them!). Anyways the husband was a nutcase and the wife didnt really care.

I too am from the south but I am now married to the military (haha yeah my hubby has been in for a long time.) Go to school and be happy. Find a job with what you can live with that wont give you too much grief.

Furrow said...

Oh, I'm sorry for what must be a difficult decision for you. sounds like you're doing what you have to, though. You'll be moving on soon, anyway. Going to Boston for college? Sounds great!

leapnlzrds said...

I totally understand where you're at with wanting to quit the nanny job. It was so hard when I quit with my last family, I missed the girls so much. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I'm sure you'll find a wonderful family!!!!

Can you give us a hint where you are going to school? I went to school in Boston also.

I look forward to hearing about your adventures, keep postin sista!

Monica H said...

"is it bad that i would like detailed stories about this abuse?
because i would" HA! That's funny, but I wanna know too. I'm nosey like that.

BTW, I wanted to the the only one who knew your name. That was our special little secret:)

Thanks for the invite and good luck with finding a new job. If the family offers you more money to stay, would you? I'm gonna miss the girls too.

The Nanny said...

We'll see about the stories about my employers. A lot of it makes me uncomfortable & I don't want to bad mouth them without them here to defend themselves (I know, I know, I'm a saint!). And that's a tough question about the money...it'd certainly be welcome and VERY nice, but for my health/sanity's sake, I'd definitely have to think about it!

the nanny's sis said...

oh man it feels so cool being here on a "private" blog.... kinda like a big secret! :)

sorry about all of the mess you're going through... but you do have a lot of comments! how many people are now reading this blog?

The Nanny said...

I think I invited 21 or 22. SO I'D BETTER HAVE 21 OR 22 COMMENTS ON EVERY POST, Y'ALL!

stellatus sidera said...

geez. demanding, are we?

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

OMG you are sooooo funny! Instead of nannying (is that a word?) how about becoming a comedian? ha ha