12.27.2007

It's over

I quit this evening.

Earlier than I thought I would--but, I just had to.

It was so hard.

Things have turned so nasty with Mr. & Mrs. R. and I ... and that's what saddens me most. That it became nasty.

I leave town tomorrow morning to visit my grandparents. I return next week. I only have 5 babysitting days left with the girls.

I'll miss the incredibly. I've grown up with them--I've been with them for 7 years.

Seven years is a damn big chunk of my life.

I'm incredibly sad. Mother Nature must have sensed that because it's raining hard here. It's comforting.

I don't have a new job yet.

I feel guilty to you guys for quitting for the ridiculous reason that I feel like I owe you funny nanny stories. That sentence didn't make sense, but whatever. I'm sorry, guys. Hang on with me while I try to figure out what next will come in my life. Another nanny job? Starbucks? Sitting at home on my butt every day until August? (That would make for excellent blogging material, I know--The Life and Times of a Lazy Butt.)

I'm going to sit back for a while now. Forgive me if I don't comment on your blogs. I'll be back soon--hopefully with a new job. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

lifeofadancer312 said...

Gosh girl.
That was a seriously depressing post but I understand it all.

You made the right choice, I know you did. You followed your heart and though it may seem like it's messed up right now, it will all work itself out soon!

Oh and you DO NOT owe us funny nanny stories... we read your blog because we want to! Not because we have to! (How about some funny pupster stories about your cutiepie, Max?)

I'd try to think of more comforting things to say on here but I can't so instead I'm gonna go and check on you and talk with you while you pack :)

-The Nanny's Sis

sassyshell said...

While I am very sorry for how much you will miss those little ones, I am very glad you are taking yourself out of a bad situation. To echo your sis, you do NOT owe us stories at all! I hope your trip to grandparents is enjoyable and relaxing. This is a sad time for you combined with the upheaval of finding new work, etc, so be sure to take time to process it all and really, really, really, it's ok to be sad and upset and confused. It's a normal but annoying part of life that we all go through at different times. So try not to feel the need to entertain us with stories, just take your time and just let us know you are ok. Best wishes as we move into 2008!

Life ticks on said...

I have to agree... while its great fun to read about your escapades its not essential. What is essential is your being in a healthy environment. Which obviously wasnt happening anymore.

Good luck and Happy New year!

Monica H said...

Oh Nanny, I'm sorry it all had to end so nastily (is that a word?)

I didn't realize that you've been with the girls for so long. If you want to talk, just email me. I'll be home sitting on my butt :)

The Nanny said...

Thank you all for your sweet words. It means so much. I know in the grand scheme of things, I'm really amazingly lucky and I really shouldn't be complaining--but it's just so hard right now with everything going on!

I'm visiting grandparents right now and there's a wonderful blanket of snow on the ground. We went outside earlier today and had a snowball fight--the first in my life! It was quite the (cold) experience!

I am grieving already with a sense of upcoming dread about having to say goodbye to the girls. But I'm scared to death to go back to work, to face my employers, after what's gone on yesterday and today.

It's just not fun :-(