12.10.2007

Housekeeping! Housekeeping!

So sorry for the delay in an interesting post. Food poisoning knocked me flat on my back all weekend. It was just SO much fun. Thank goodness I'm better now...hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go!

So! A few anecdotes and a lovely picture and I'm on my way.

THE PROMISED TEASER from the last time I posted...

On Fridays A. gets picked up earlier from school than on the other days. I know that. I'm always on-time to get her, snacks in hand. But this Friday...wooftie. Oops.

I blame it on my book. I'm deep into Geraldine Brooks' Year of Wonders and I was just so engrossed in it that I had completely forgotten all concept of the outside world. So only when Mr. R. comes flying up the stairs yelling, "YOU FORGOT TO GET A.! YOU FORGOT TO GET A.!" did I snap out of my reverie and fly out the door...an hour late.

Oops.

A. was okay about it, though. I took her to McDonalds for her snack and all was forgotten. By her, at least. My employers are STILL talking about it.

Side note: E. asked me today what held strawberries together. Does anybody have an answer for that? The best I could come up with was, "Ummm...strawberry stuff?"

Annnnnd an anecdote...

I took the kids to Starbucks today for a snack. They're in love with the penguin-shaped cookies and ask for them on an almost daily basis. So today I treated them for their good behavior.

Let me preface this by saying that E.'s had a bad cold for a few days now. Anyway. We were walking in, and by the door was a bin of toys that Starbucks was collecting for kids in the hospital.

E: "I WANT THAT TOY!"
Me: "No, sweetie, those are for the sick kids."
E.: "I'M A SICK KID!"

How do you explain to a 3-year-old that yes, she is sick, but no, she's just not sick enough? Luckily, I was able to distract her with said penguin cookie.

Finally, a picture of the pupster. The quality is terrible cause it's with a cell phone camera, but Max just looked so pretty in his pearls that I couldn't resist. Actually they're D.'s pearls (she's the one holding him) but they just look so lovely on him, don't they?

4 comments:

Monica H said...

That is so wrong. Don't dress your male dogggie in pearls. He is cute though!

And I am so in love with penguins and I saw those cookies you are talking about today. They are cute, now I want one.

stellatus sidera said...

...

your poor dog.
he secretly hates you.
boohiss.

omg "what holds strawberries together?"

amazing. i love children.

and. damn there was something else.

it's going to bug me now.

anyways fanks for helpin' me yesterday. :)

LOVES.

D said...

give my back my pearls biatch

Carole said...

The dog is just so cute...even if you did put him in pearls. All I can say...is that we're all human...hoping they cut you some slack!
~Carole