10.11.2007

Soooooo....this actually happened. I think I need more sleep.

This morning I was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before going to work. Max, our miniature dashchund, was sitting by my chair patiently waiting for any crumbs I might "drop" (read: feed him). I saved the last bite for him and put it in on the floor (Max LOVES pb&j).

He looked at it.

He looked at me.

He looked at it.

He looked at me.

I didn't want to just leave it on the floor or certain housemates of mine wouldn't be so pleased. Finally I picked it up in desperation and said, "Okay, Max! Here comes the wiggly-worm! He's wiggling, wiggling, wiggling, all the way to your mouth!" all the while zooming the small bite of sandwich around his face.

Then I stopped.

I was doing The Wiggly-Worm on a dog.

Either I need more sleep or I've been nannying wayyyyy too long...

15 comments:

Delilah said...

hahaha... brilliant....

ive never met a dog who needed the wiggly worm to eat....

The Nanny said...

it was totally bizarre. he never has rejected food before...but I did try a new kind of jelly today, maybe that was it.

god. i have a spoiled dog. but i love him anyway.

Carole said...

That is just the best. I have found myself listening to/singing Sesame Street and Veggie Tales songs when no one is around. At least your roomies weren't around to witness it!!! lol
~Carole

Sara said...

You got the nanny brain...

:0)

The Nanny said...

Carole--I know! I adore the Wiggles, too. They're like the Beatles for 3-year-olds (and me, apparently)!

:-)

C said...

Hahaha... I wish i could have been there to see that!

stellatus sidera said...

ahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhah.
OHMYGOD.
ILOVEYOUSORIDICULOUSLYMUCH.
please marry me.
then we can adopt stacy and clinton as our children.
the end.

pithydithy said...

LOL, did he eat it? Did you try the airplane?

Thanks for your kind comments over at my place. The outfit you liked is Gymboree, but I'm afraid it's from several years back-- I ebayed it.

The Nanny said...

Pithydithy--I realized what I was doing, hung my head in shame, and threw the bite away :-)

(poor max didn't get to eat it. his loss.)

stellatus sidera said...

you gave ME no comment-reply-back.
i'm hurt.
i expect a "sidera-- YOU ARE AMAZING AND I AM SORRY I DID NOT COMMENT-REPLY-BACK TO YOU. YOUR COMMENT WAS FANTASMIC."
hmph.

stellatus sidera said...

AND i want a blog about how amazing i am when you started asking the 14-year-old boy about the HP books. because that was ALL me.

i don't get enough credit.

The Nanny said...

Sidera--you are amazing and I am sorry I did not comment-reply-back to you. your comment was fantasmic.

and I'll get started on that blog just as soon as I finish mes devoirs...

Furrow said...

That scrap would've never hit the ground were it thrown to our dog. He actually recognizes the sound of the peanut butter jar being opened.

The Nanny said...

Oh, I know! If anybody's in the kitchen, Max is in there too. I have NO idea why he didn't dive immediately for the bite. I am bewildered! But oh well, his loss!

Truett Adams said...

LOL! Thats when you know you have been a nanny for a little too long. But what can we say, we love you for it. Will you do the wiggly worm for me when I won't eat my food. LOL Just kidding.