10.14.2007

Hello, readers!

Sorry for the lack of blogs lately but thank you, thank you for all the wonderful comments on the last few blogs! I suppose my pathetic life IS rather amusing, eh? :-)

Anyway, I hope to have a full update tomorrow after work. Cross your fingers that the girls give me lots of good material!

This past summer I interviewed all my grandparents (with my trusty tape recorder) and I've been busy transcribing them. I spent 5 hours today doing my paternal grandmother's interview. It was an amazing experience and I talked to them all about life when they were kids and how different times are now. The interview (especially the audio) is something I'll definitely treasure, and come Christmastime, the rest of my family will get copies of it too!

More later...

4 comments:

Monica H said...

What a great idea for your family. I'm sure it's something they'll treasure for a long time to come.

Carole said...

That is so awesome. I do genealogy...and wish I had more narrative stories. Just the facts of when someone lived/died doesn't tell the whole story.

Here's hoping the girls give you some good blog material...but not so much that you're too tired to write about it!!! lol
~Carole

D said...

pathetic life?? am i pathetic?? i wasnt even mentioned and you spent the whole freakin day with me

The Nanny said...

Sorry, D! I'll get a blog about you in today, I PROMISE :-)