9.10.2007

This is what got me through the day:



Yay, coffee! Now. To start things off, a joke:

So, Robert Gates (Rumsfeld's replacement) is briefing George Bush in the Oval Office.

"Oh and finally, sir, three Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq today."

Bush goes pale, his jaw hanging open in stunned disbelief. He buries his
face in his hands, muttering "My God...My God".

"Mr. President," says Cheney, "we lose soldiers all the time, and it's
terrible. But I've never seen you so upset. What's the matter?"

Bush looks up and says..."How many is a Brazilian?"

Heeheehee :-)

Sorry for not posting yesterday (I know you guys were devestated); this one'll be a long one. I spent the whole day yesterday with D--it was great, even though we spent the whole afternoon doing homework! We had another Uno Tourney, which I don't want to talk about, and a Five Crown Tourney, which was EXCELLENT. D may be the Uno Champ, but I am the Five Crown Queen!

-Side Note- Yesterday I saw a commercial for some Insu.rance company. It informed me that singing takes 15 years off your life. I don't know how much singing that entails, but the next time I'm belting out "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" and get complaints, I'll reply, "Well, do you want me to live long or not?"

(That is a rhetorical question. Do not answer it.)

Today it's rained all day. I left extra early to get to class on time and even with an umbrella I got soaked. As I was driving to work, Ri.hanna's song "Umbrella" came on the radio. God? Are you mocking me?

Generally after class in the morning I run to Star.bucks for a cup of coffee (see picture above). Today as I sat in my car waiting for my tall-black-coffee-no-room-for-cream to cool down, I noticed a gaggle of guys getting out of the car next to me. All three looked (and I don't mean to sound un-p.c.) like they belonged to a mafia. Around 40ish, Italian-looking, gold jewelry, they would have fit better in a dark alley in New York than at a table at Star.bucks. They talked and smoked and drank, oddly enough, mocha frapp.u.cinos. But the weirdest part of it all?

They had a BABY.

?!?!??!?

He looked to be about 2 and was very well-behaved. He just sat there as the guys pulled out black leather briefcases, papers and sippy cups.

It was very weird.

Unfortunately, I had to leave for work or I would have watched a little longer (not in a creepy way, but to have more to entertain you with, dear readers!)

Anyway, a funny story from today and then I've gotta run. So E. and I were playing on the floor of her room with some dolls and a giant dinosaur book. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I came back, E. was "reading" (in 3-year-oldspeak) the book to the dolls. She was growling and roaring like the dinosaurs, and at one point said, "The big dinosaurs ROAR like Nanny when I bad!"

I love that kid.

Goodnight, loves!

Much love,
The Nanny

5 comments:

stellatus sidera said...

bahahaha.
lovelove.
i miss you lots.
and lots.
and i enjoyed talking with you for a brief while on the telly.
i mean the phone.
not.
TV.
that's be pretty ridiculous if you were on the tube.
anyways.
LOVE.

greatdaneservices@gmail.com said...

Love the bush joke!!! Mrs. Preggo pants is in the shower so I thought I could fill in. We have Breck Morgan for the boy and Kate Madison for the girl. Now if they are two of the same we are screwed. The hopeful dad is actually wishing for girls so maybe Daphne or Phoebe. Mainly to make the grandma mad. Thanks for reading and taking an interest.

Delilah said...

ok... the bush joke is amazing...

but


i talked to D


and she says that she kicked your ass in five crown...
she said it was something like 8 to a brazilian???



is this true??

Sara said...

I love starbucks... mmmm... we have one in our target so it is a double treat to get to go to target AND get starbucks... YUMMY!!!

Monica H said...

Just FYI. The whipped cream in the Target starbuck's is much better than the regular coffee shop. You should try it :)